Ready : Timeline
Here are some of the important dates and deadlines you should write down or add to your calendar. You won’t want to skip them, as they’ll help you prepare for high school and college!
- Apply for the College Bound Scholarship if your family is qualified. Not sure? Ask your parents to go to the website with you. You only need to apply once and the deadline is the end of June in your 8th grade year.
- Join extracurricular activities, like a sport or band.
- Create goals for the year. What study habits would you like to improve? What classes would you like to take?
- Visit a local college. You can even set up official tours at most schools! Check out the website of a school you want to visit and look for their tours section.
- How are your grades? Are you on track to pass your classes?
- If not, reach out to your teachers and ask them to help set you up with extra help and/or tutoring.