Keeping you on track

Learn how Ready Set Grad can help you stay on track to graduate and succeed.


7th Grade

Set : Paying for My Education - 7th Grade

Anyone can go to college! It may seem expensive, but there are many ways to pay for it that help make sure you and your family don’t pay more than you can. Most scholarships and grants are available to high school or college students, but there are a couple that you should consider now:

  • GET (Guaranteed Education Tuition)
    GET is a program that allows Washington families to save for college by saving for your future tuition. Your family can invest in part or all of your future tuition and that percent will grow as a percent of tuition rates.
  • College Bound Scholarship
    This four-year scholarship covers the cost of college tuition, fees and books for low-income students who sign a pledge in 7th or 8th grade promising to graduate from high school and to demonstrate good citizenship. If you were in foster care between 7th and 12th grade, you were automatically enrolled in this program. Call the College Bound office at 888-535-0747 to check your enrollment status and have a College Bound certificate mailed to you.

It’s important to understand the different kinds of aid you can receive. Merit-based aid is granted to students based on their good grades, academic performance, or other special abilities and talents such as athletics. Need-based aid is given to students who would not otherwise be able to afford college. Your family’s need is based on the FAFSA application you will complete in your senior year when applying to colleges.

Overview of Federal Financial Aid Process

More information on how to get help paying for school is available on our Finding Money for College page.