Ready : Timeline
High school is just around the corner! Take the steps now to be ready.
Here are some of the important dates and deadlines you should write down or add to your calendar. You won’t want to skip them, as they’ll help you prepare for high school and college!
- Apply for the College Bound Scholarship if your family is qualified. Not sure? Ask your parents to go to the website with you. You only need to apply once but the deadline is the end of June in your 8th grade year. So don’t wait any longer!
- Join extracurricular activities, like a sport or band.
- Create goals for the year. What study habits would you like to improve? What classes would you like to take?
- Ask if your school offers the ACT’s EXPLORE prep test.
- Select your classes for 9th grade.
- Find out if your school offers any summer transition programs to help you prepare for the new requirements of high school.