Ready : Timeline
Enjoy high school! You don’t have any deadlines for applications yet, but make sure you’re developing good study habits, staying organized, getting involved in activities, and doing everything you want to do! This will help when you do fill out college applications junior year.
- Join extracurricular activities, like a sport, band or student government.
- Create goals for the year. What study habits would you like to improve? What classes would you like to take?
- If you are in Algebra, Geometry, or Biology, you may need to take the End of Course Exam.
- Consider taking the High School Proficiency Exam early.
- Spring – Register for 10th grade. Be sure you are enrolling in the courses you need to meet the minimum college admission standards.