Grad : Information for Educators and Volunteers
- College Goal Washington
- Resource guide
- Student sign-in template
- Volunteer sign-in template
- Save the Date (English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Somali)
- Poster (English, Spanish)
- Student survey (web or print)
- Site lead survey
- FSA ID
- Federal Student Aid Training Resources
- Financial Aid for Foster Youth
- Example Financial Aid Night – One Sheet
- Washington College Access Network FAFSA/WASFA quiz video
- 2017-18 Financial Aid Facts
- 5 Financial Aid Myths
- Financial Aid Filing Facts for College Bound Students
- FAFSA priority filing deadlines for WA colleges and universities
- Financial Aid Night template slides
- Financial Aid Night template notes
- Who's My Parent When I Fill Out the FAFSA?
- FAFSA: Determining Dependency Status
- Financial Aid Process
- The FAFSA Process
- Eligibility for Federal Student Aid
College Goal Washington would not be possible without volunteers! Sign up to volunteer.
- Greet students and families, ensuring that everyone signs in properly and is directed to the appropriate location.
- Distribute materials, such as surveys, Federal Student Aid publications, and other information about financial aid.
- Collect surveys after the event.
Financial Aid Experts
- Answer tough FAFSA and WASFA questions and provide expert guidance.
- We recommend one to two Financial Aid Experts per room or computer lab where FAFSA/WASFA filing is taking place.
- Assist DREAMers with WASFA questions, as well as with general information on support services for DREAMers at college.
- Should be knowledgeable about HB 1079 and DACA.
- We recommend one DREAMer Advisor per event.
- Give one-on-one assistance to students and families filing the FAFSA or the WASFA. This position requires basic knowledge of online FAFSA and WASFA filing plus answers some of the most commonly asked questions.
- We recommend a ratio of one helper to eight students per room.
- Prior to the event, all FAFSA/WASFA helpers should watch the College Goal Washington trainings, provided via two webinars.
- We will announce the time and date of the trainings when the Department of Education completes their online FAFSA updates.
- These volunteers should ask each FAFSA/WASFA filer to complete the CGW online survey.
- Present on pre-arranged topics for your event.
- Some presenters may present on financial aid and college planning topics in addition to offering FAFSA filing support.
- Presenters should check-in at the registration desk, and sign in.
Technical, Audio, and Visual Support
- Available to troubleshoot potential computer problems in FAFSA/WASFA filing room.
- Available to troubleshoot any problems with presentation or audio equipment.
- Email access and computers should be prepared prior to the start of the event. FAFSA.gov often communicates with students via email, so please ensure that Gmail, Yahoo, and similar email servers can be accessed from school computers.
- Swap mobile numbers with IT volunteers. You’ll want to reach them quickly in the event of emergency.