Ready : Preparing for My Education
There are lots of easy ways to get ready for a great experience in middle and high school. Taking small steps now will make it easier to prepare for college in the future.
Here are some things you can do throughout 6th grade to get prepared for high school:
- Set goals for middle school or junior high.
- Take the most challenging language arts, math, social studies, and science classes you can handle. Don’t be afraid to stretch a little bit—most schools offer extra homework help or tutoring to support you.
- Add classes in art, computers, robotics, or world languages if you can.
- Do extra credit when offered.
- Focus on learning as much as you can.
- Ask questions and participate in class.
- Learn to take good notes in class.
- Practice good study habits and ask others for their study tips.
- Get involved in school and community activities, like spelling bees, science fairs, and clubs.
- Think about which activities and subjects interest you.
- Talk to friends and family about their jobs and careers.
- Talk to family members, teachers, counselors, and friends about your dreams and plans.