Grad : Resources for Parents
There are incredible resources online for you to consult as your child nears high school graduation and college.
Planning for College
- ACT's PreACT Assessment: Helps 10th-graders prepare for college- and career-ready tests in 11th and 12th grade.
- College Plan: Provides students, families, and education professionals with information on college selection, admission, financial aid, and scholarships.
- U.S. Department of Education: Federal education info website for parents.
- Finding Money for College
Applying for College
- The Princeton Review: Resource to help students prep for important academic tests
- Petersons Planner: Resource for finding colleges and universities, graduate schools, online and continuing education, and K-12 schools and programs
- Washington State College Application Deadlines
Paying for College
- StudentAid.ed.gov: A detailed and easy-to-use website from the Department of Education with resources on how to make it easier to get money for higher education. It also includes information about managing your loans and options for loan cancellations, forgiveness, and discharge.
- College Goal Washington: A statewide volunteer program that provides students and families who are applying for financial aid with free information and assistance
- Fafsa.gov: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the federal form that must be completed annually by current and prospective college students to be considered for student financial aid